« Back to Main
September 8, 2020
- To maintain safe and efficient marine operations for the designated number of marine units. This should cover compliance with all standards & operability.
- Ensure all vessel class certificates are up to date and compliance to Flag State and Port State Control Attend and coordinate with marine & technical on the daily progress report of vessel operability.
- Ensure that every onboard are working in accordance to Company safety procedures and job description to meet the standards required.
- Coordinate on the timely arrival of all vessels
- To provide technical solutions to present engineering challenges on the vessels assigned to him, keeping in mind on its conformity.
- Onshore monitoring and tracking of vessels in ship survey status, compliance to Flag State and Port State Control by daily contacts with vessels/ visits periodically.
- Work in collaboration with Port Engineer, Port Safety Officer, and Shore Based Technical Manager to maintain sufficient and up to date critical spares stock at the warehouse in relation to the logistical lead time for procurement and delivery as well as ensure that critical spares do not impede on vessel performance.
- Ensure that any deficiencies that arise to be immediately rectified and reported to Marine Operations Manager.
- Ensure that manuals and spare lists shall be kept both onboard and ashore
- Provide training for master and chief mates in operational areas and requirements prior to their undergoing a practical and theoretical competency check
- Participate in and issue written reports/statements of inspections, investigation, and similar activities periodically Evaluating offshore crew for their performance
- Submitting navigation warning to the fleet
- Maintain proper communication with all vessels in line with DPA & HSE.
- Conducting an investigation of incidents & accidents in line with HSE.
- Follow-up with audits & inspection of the vessel.
- Master Mariner class 1 or marine Degree from the recognized academy with relevant experience for a minimum of 5 years on the above-required function.
- Knowledge of shipping laws and procedures. HSE & ISM code knowledge