« Back to Main
September 8, 2020
Qualification and skill:
- Port Captain shall at all times hold a U.S., U.K. or other European license equal to or better than a British Department of Transport, Class 1 Certificate of Competency (ocean going/unlimited);
- Have extensive time as DPO – minimum 8000 hours DP time
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the offshore marine industry and a minimum of 4 years of experience as a Vessel Master on DP2-AHTS-PSV/ Self-Propelled Jack-ups,
- Familiar with IMO regulations , ISM and ISPS codes
- Extensive crisis management skills, and ability to work well under pressure.
- Previous experience in the GCC, especially within Saudi Arabia
- English fluency is required.
- Monitoring vessels’ certifications are up to date meet the classification society and flag state requirements.
- Manages the planned maintenance of hull and deck machinery and equipment for fleet.
- Implement vessel maintenance plan coordinate with operation and management team.
- Ensures efficient operations of assigned fleet assists in vessel navigation, procurement of required material, inspections, and reporting.
- Controlling vessel requisitions ensure delivery in time.
- Supports vessel’s crew in achieving operational objectives and implement port authority and regulation changes.
- Conducts regular inspections in conjunction with the HSE Officer and Port Engineer.
- Ensures vessels are prepared and read at any time for external and internal inspections and surveys.
- Closely monitor, managing and follows up on incident and accident reports.
- Ensures all accidents and incidents are reported and investigated in consultation with the HSE Officer
- Evaluating performance of crew onboard provide all necessary to develop and achieve high operation standard.
- Ability to actively manage, maneuver and handle each assigned vessel in all disciplines including but not limited to rig supply work, anchor handling, rig moves, crew and commissary deliveries.
- Ability to act as relief for key vessel personnel.
- Ensures the proper handover between incoming and outgoing Vessel Masters
- Maintains good working relations with Aramco’s Marine and Operation Departments.
- Review and Submits crew CVs for Aramco to obtain provisional acceptance letter, coordinates the Marlin tests and crew evaluation.
- Ensure all logbooks and all documents are in line with regulatory requirements
- Ensure medicine inventory is maintained as per client and regulation requirement.
- Assists in the continual development of the fleet operational policies, standard operating procedures, and safe working procedures
- Ensure he meets his target and KPI Objective.